Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Page 2 Girls Dt Project- June- Kate

June DT Projects
by Kate McCulloch

Welcome to June everyone! In the same breath, welcome to Winter!
But you will feel all warm and fuzzy using this months kit to create a project of your very own. 
I have three examples to show you today using these gorgeous warm tones that will have you feeling cosy in no time at all. 

notice

This WRMK "Tres  Elegant" range has got the most richest caramel, chocolate tones to it. The collection has fabulous papers- elegant designs fitting to the title of the collection, flocked papers which are fabulously tactile and add warmth to your projects, and a great natural aspect to it too with leaves and birdies. 
I teamed my layout up with some Basic Grey P&B alphabet stickers I purchased from Pages 2 Scrap. They were REALLY fun to use as they are nice and big, and the print is really fun also. I coated my flowers in a bit of white paint and pleated my Pink Paislee tissue paper in there as well. 

Materials:

WRMK "Tres Elegant" Patterned paper
WRMK "Tres Elegant" Layered Chipboard Tag
Green Tara flowers
Prima Flowers
Pink Paislee Tissue Paper
Kaiser paint
Basic Grey P&B Alphabet Stickers

The Perfect Day

The "Tres Elegant" Patterned paper has these fabulous circles printed on them. I used a punch to punch them out of the paper but you could also hand cut them if you don't have a punch available. Using some Chalkboard Mist, I misted randomly on the base card stock. I punched my photo out so it was a circle as well. I used the WRMK Layered Chipboard Tag as part of the title and then followed on with the Been There Done That- Alpha rub ons. I journalled around my circle embellishments just for something different. 

Materials:

WRMK "Tres Elegant" Patterned Paper
WRMK "Tres Elegant" Layered Chipboard Tags
Been There Done That- Alpha Rub ons
Prima flowers
Jenni Bowlin Chipboard Button- Porch Swing
Jenni Bowlin Stick Pin- Pewter
Kaiser Paint
Chalkboard Mist
Martha Stewart Punch

 Sunshiny Day

I really wanted to reflect the sun shining down on my daughter in this layout, as the sun beams are also captured in this photograph I took of her. I created a yellow wash on the base of my layout with watered down Kaiser paint then sprayed over it with Chalkboard mist. My embellishments are placed on a diagonal in the direction of the sun beams. This WRMK die cut paper "Noble" it's called, was really fun to use, I loved the pattern and the edges!

Materials:

WRMK "Tres Elegant" Patterned Paper
WRMK "Tres Elegant" Layered Chipboard Tags
Green Tara flowers
Prima flowers
Kaiser Paint and Texture Stamps
Pink Paislee Tissue Paper
Chalkboard mist
Jenni Bowlin Chipboard Button- Porch Swing
Been There Done That - Alpha Rub ons
Buttons from my own stash.
American Crafts Thicker Letter Stickers

Thanks so much for dropping by to have a look at my creations. I hope you enjoy looking at them in person if you are visiting the Pages 2 Scrap store soon!!
I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for all your support whilst I have been on the Pages 2 Scrap "Page 2 Girls" Design Team. This is the last month of my DT term, and it is sad to leave!! However, I have had a great time being on the team. I have been inspired by the fellow DT girls and inspired by the fabulous range of products Pages 2 Scrap stocks. 
I am thoroughly looking forward to seeing the continuing team and some new faces create fabulous projects to share with us all. 

Love Kate xo


1 comment:

  1. gorgeous work Kate:D Love seeing all your creations and Im sure that the DT will miss you

    ReplyDelete